>So even though my wonderful husband Brian is already 30, I still have about 3.5 years to go. Here is a list of things I want to accomplish before then:
Things to do:
- Backpack through Europe. I want to hit Great Britain, France, Italy, Germany and Spain. I want to stay in hostels, pack just 3 outfits and a little black dress, eat fabulous food at littles holes-in-the-wall, and travel by train through the countryside with my hubby.
- Go deep sea fishing in the Gulf. We are planning out a trip with friends for this next spring! I am really excited about this!
- Go camping for real. Like I’m talking just a tent, a couple sleeping bags, cooking over the fire, “real” primitive camping. I’ve never done this before.
- Visit New Orleans, Savannah, Austin, and Las Vegas! We have friends we can stay with in almost all of those cities.
- Watch Tiger Woods play golf. Not on our HDTV at home — in person, preferably at The Masters.
- Renew our vows at Disney World or Las Vegas. This might end up happening after 30, perhaps at our 5-year anniversary.
- Visit local “staycation” destinations. I want to visit Desoto Caverns Park, Morgan Creek Vineyards, the Huntsville Space & Rocket Center, and several other local Alabama tourist destinations that we just haven’t gotten around to seeing in the past 3 years that we have lived here!
Things to learn:
- Learn how to drive a stick shift. Brian and I have had a few lessons, but overall this is something I am really anxious about. Not sure why.
- Learn Web and graphic design — CSS, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc. These are all things I’ve dabbled with in my work, but I want to know enough to create Web sites and graphics on my own, without going through support at corporate, lol. I want to feel equally confident in both my Web content abilities and my Web technical abilities.
- Learn how to shoot a gun. I want to take lessons and get a gun license. There’s no reason for me not to know how to use a gun properly.
- Learn how to sew. I want a sewing machine and I want to learn how to sew. I’d love to at least know how to replace a button!
- Learn how to dive! I cannot dive head-first into a swimming pool. I don’t know why. Nevertheless, this was a problem during my swim team days as you can imagine. Those swim team days didn’t last long!
6 thoughts on “>What I will do before I turn 30”
>Such a good list. I love your European travel idea— you totally only need three outfits and a little black dress!!!
>I'm with you on the Europe and web design things. But I'm only 2 years from 30 :(-Masshole
>I was just thinking about compiling such a list … but I'm only one year and 363 days away from 30!
>You can totally learn how to drive stick and it's so much more fun! 🙂
>Hang in there! It was a pain, but it eventually gets done. It took me almost four months to get it all changed!
>Leeanne and Carla Jean — you have two years! Come on! Make a list!