Conan’s perfect goodbye has been weighing heavily in my mind.Conan, you are a class act. And I, too, hate cynicism. I look forward to seeing you, Andy and the crew elsewhere this fall.
>The waiting continues. And it may be that way for another month or so. We’ll see. No worries.
In the meantime, I thought I would mix things up and ask for everyone reading this to please leave a comment. DELURK!
If you’re reading this and I’m not already following you on twitter, I would love to do so. Leave me a comment with your twitter name, or just request to follow me.
I want to start blogging more and quite frankly I’ve been so focused on other things. I need some inspiration. So you could leave me a comment with some blogging inspiration too.
If you’ve scored some good deals lately, I’d love to hear about that as well.
Or, you could just tell me a good book or movie you’ve read or seen recently.
Books? I just finished ‘The Help’ by Kathryn Stockett and I’m on Book 4 of the True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse series. I’m hopelessly addicted.
Movies? I watched both ‘Mamma Mia’ (beautiful scenery, horrible Pierce Brosnan vocals) and ‘He’s Just Not That Into You’ (can’t we all relate?) this weekend.
Or, just ask me a question. About anything. I’ll answer.
Happy Tuesday y’all. And Roll Tide Roll.
>This photo is me these days. I haven’t been blogging much because I’m waiting on some things to happen, and then I would have SO MUCH to blog about. But, these things haven’t resolved themselves yet. So please keep your fingers crossed for me and feel free to request to follow me on Twitter if you would like to know more about my situation.
Brian is at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Miss., writing freelance for the Southern Poker Championship. He gets home the 28th so until then I am on my own with the pup.
We had low-key New Year’s at home and this past week at work was insane with my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide winning the BCS National Championship! And it will continue to be a bit crazy this week, with a parade this coming Saturday and other celebrations around Alabama.
We have had iPhones for 2 months now and I am in LOVE. I love that there are apps for so many of my favorite services, like MyCokeRewards, Goodreads, Redbox, SparkPeople, and so much more. I’m also slightly addicted to Tap Tap Revenge, which is like Guitar Hero for iPhone. Am I 12? Now all I need is a Paperbackswap app and I’m good to go!
I’ve been daydreaming about new bedroom and living room furniture. If money were no object, everything would come from Pottery Barn, but I was browsing Rooms To Go and actually found some stuff I really like!The Aniston 8-piece king bedroom: includes bed, dresser, mirror, 2 nightstands and chest.
The Cindy Crawford Home Metropolis Espresso Sofa Living Room which comes with the
I could get all of this plus delivery for about $5,500. Not bad for 2 brand-new rooms of furniture.
Ah, to dream….and to wait.
So over the past month or so I’ve received some blog awards and I have neglected to pass them on…so here goes!
Thanks so much to Maegan at Classy & Fabulous for two awards –the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award and the Kreativ Blogger award!
Maegan and I both went to undergrad at Alabama and she is in grad school now. It turns out that we know a lot of the same people, but we never knew each other (that I know of) while at UA. It’s always a small world! Thanks Maegan for the awards!
For this award, I tell you 10 things you may not know about me and then pass this on to 10 of my favorites.
- I have one blue eye and one green eye. People usually don’t notice it until they have known me for years. One day we’ll be talking, make eye contact and they’ll go, ‘Oh! You have 2 different color eyes!’ It’s the same reaction every time. lol.
- I’ve had only 2 serious boyfriends in my life — my high school boyfriend and my husband!
- I have never broken a bone, been in a car accident, or had a cavity — knock on wood!
- I have, however, had a biopsy. Thyroid problems run in my family and while the thyroid growth is not cancerous, I have to keep an eye on it.
- I’m into all sorts of music — pop, rock, alternative, jam bands, R&B, country, punk, electronica, etc. I have a few favorite artists but I truly love most genres.
- I was not an Alabama football fan until I decided to go to college there! And I didn’t know who Bear Bryant was when I first started school there! (for shame!)
- I’ve only had 2 cars since I started driving: a 1997 Honda Accord and a 2002 Toyota 4Runner.
- I am a sorority volunteer advisor and active in my local alumnae chapter for my sorority. I know a LOT about Greek Life and consider myself a Greek Life advocate.
- I’m a media professional. I’ve worked as a copy editor and Web editor since graduating from college.
- I may soon be sharing some really wonderful news that I have been working on make happen for a long time! I’m talking within the next week, hopefully Monday or Tuesday!
I am going to cop out here and give this award to any of my 52 blog followers who have not received this award!
Next up is the Kreativ Blogger award…
The rules are I have to tell you 7 things about myself and give this award to 7 people.
- My favorite color is blue. Light blue, sand and cream were the colors of my wedding.
- One of my favorite Web sites is cuteoverload.com. I have the Cute Overload page-a-day desk calendar and our Labrador, Mango, made Cute Overload as a puppy!
- I am pale and (usually) proud of it. I’ve never been a regular tanner other than before a spring break in college and a few sessions before my wedding. My skin type is susceptible to skin cancer, so I try to take very good care of my skin!
- I have a Macbook and an iPhone and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
- I have a major interest in the future of social media, online content and content strategy. I got a book called ‘Content Strategy for the Web’ for Christmas — does this mean I’m officially a nerd?
- I played flute, and later piccolo, for 9 years and I have been missing it lately! I would love to start lessons again if money allowed.
- I am 5 feet, 4.5 inches tall. That half inch means a lot, you know.
I am going to cop out again here and give this award to any of my 52 blog followers who have not received this award!
From the land of cotton… AND Brittany over at Southern Belle and her Beau both awarded me the Happy 101 award!over at
The rules are simple: 1) list 10 things that make you happy and 2) pass the award on to 10 bloggers who brighten your day.10 things that make me happy: 1. When my husband makes me laugh.
2. When my dog makes me laugh or is in an especially cuddly mood.
3. Traveling and eating great food.
4. Getting a great deal on ANYTHING!
5. Pedicures, massages and facials.
6. A sunny day with the big white puffy cumulus clouds.
7. Thinking of our wedding day.
8. Settling into a warm, clean, soft bed with a great book.
9. When Alabama goes undefeated and is playing in the National Championship!
10. The good health of family and friends. And yep, yet again I am going to cop out again here and give this award to any of my 52 blog followers who have not received this award! HAPPY NEW YEAR!