>I still have a lot of things to do post-wedding.
- Write handwritten thank yous to bridesmaids.
- Create and order photobooks for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I’m thinking 4×6 Snapbooks from Shutterfly.
- Change my name on my driver’s license – doing this Friday.
- Change my name with bank & billers.
- Make Disney honeymoon scrapbook.
- Find pretty wedding album for 250 4×6 photos – any suggestions?
- Formally change my name at work.
- Write a couple more thank you notes for late gifts.
- Figure out what I want to do with my dress.
- Sell some wedding-related items.
- Write more wedding day recaps and start on honeymoon recaps.
What I HAVE done:
- Changed my name at Social Security office.
- Added hubby to health and dental insurance at work.
- Ordered 250 4x6s that came with our photo package.
- Wrote & sent the majority of thank you notes.
- Made a wedding keepsake shadow box. (will take a photo of this tonight!)
- Had my bouquet preserved with Keepsake Floral.
OK, now I have to confess something now re: wedding gifts. A LOT of our friends did not get us anything and I am kind of bummed about it. We’ve gotten some truly great gifts, but honestly not as much as I thought we would. Only 1 out of 5 groomsman (the best man) and 3 out of 5 bridesmaids have bought gifts for us so far… is this normal? Also, a lot of couples that I have bought gifts for over the past couple of years have not sent anything our way. I know the economy is bad, so are my friends just forgetful or putting it off? I don’t know. Yes, even I am the type to buy and send gifts late, but I usually make sure to have them bought no more than 6 weeks after the wedding.
I think a few more gifts will trickle in over the coming months, but I think we’ve received the majority of everything. Only 2 out of 8 of our silverware sets have been bought, so I am going to purchase the remaining 6 sets myself directly through Oneida.com …they have some great sales.
As for the fine china we registered for?Isn’t it gorg? We registered for 8 sets of Kate Spade Bonnabel Place, but we have only received 1 5-piece place setting and 1 pasta bowl…and that’s it! Obviously we don’t have $2,500 laying around to complete the set, so I am agonizing over what to do. I have the 5-piece place setting still in the box but I can’t find the receipt, and the pasta bowl doesn’t even have its box anymore.
So what are y’alls opinions on fine china? We also registered for casual whiteware china from Macy’s The Cellar line, and it is very functional and I think it can be easily dressed up with my new Oneida silverware and nice linens. We also have a vintage set of 8 blue Wedgwood place settings that we bought from our neighbors for $35!
So should I just use the Wedgwood as our “fine china” and forget about the Kate Spade? Hubby says yes — he doesn’t think we would ever use the Kate Spade. My sister also says yes — hers is still packed away in boxes after getting married in 2002. But I LOVE this china! Seriously the paisley on it drives me mad because it’s so beautiful and whimsical. Bonnabel Place is really the ONLY set of china that has ever really jumped out at me and said, “Buy me! use me! Love me!”
Ack! The agony!