Hi everyone!It’s been a busy weekend and a busy Monday and Tuesday too! We are changing the company we’re using for our reception linens! I got a postcard in the mail over the weekend advertising a special with coverupslinens.com. It said: Ask about our 2009 Early Booking Special. $2.69 for any color Basic Cover & Organza Sash – just mention offer #BB209 when booking. Includes shipping. For orders booked prior to March 31, 2009. Their e-mail is email@example.com and their phone is 877-777-6417. They are out of Roswell, Ga., and can overnight ship to all of Alabama and Georgia and I would guess they can ship a lot further too! It just so happens that I will be attending a wedding on March 21 in Atlanta and my mom will be attending a bridal shower on March 22, so we are going over to the Coverups Linens showroom on March 21 to make our selections. They told us that would not be too late, woohoo! (c: A nice sales rep sent my mom a couple swatches over e-mail that I like:
Sparkle blue organza chair sash
White polyester chair cover
Here’s our wedding schedule for the next month or so:Sat. Feb 28: First dress fitting and shopping for my mom’s dress.
Fri March 6-Sun March 8: My Bachelorette Party in New Orleans!!!
Sat. March 21: Appointment at CoverUps Linens showroom.
Sat. March 28: Hair run-through and makeup consult at Cleopatra’s Oasis Salon in Gulf Shores, Ala.
Mon. March 30: Appt. to pick out bouquet ribbon and discuss reception centerpiece layout with our florist, All Island Flowers.
Sometime between March 28-30: Make cake order at Orange Beach, Ala., Publix.
Mon. March 30: Get marriage license at Baldwin Co. courthouse in Bay Minette, Ala. The big projects left are: 1. Finalize ceremony program and make program fans.
2. Get shoes dyed — possibly light blue!
3. Finish bridesmaids’ gifts. I so wish I could blog about this but I will wait until after the wedding as I don’t want to ruin the surprise!
4. Work out exactly what we want for aisle markers (we are thinking large nautical lanterns of some sort) and centerpieces (beyond the flowers) and buy whatever is needed (votives, starfish, lanterns, whatever).
5. Decorate flower girl basket and get flower girl dress.
6. Make sure Brian gets his suit altered.
7. Make sure my ring bearer gets his outfit set – we are looking for a white/ivory camp shirt and khaki pants.
8. Work on lingerie shower invites.
9. Finish Blurb photo guestbook. Phew. -K